Thursday, March 24, 2011

Star Gazing

This is the result of doodling while watching American Idol last night. Perhaps I was influenced by the notion that I was watching the creation of a future star. There are parts of this that I really like, and other parts not so much. When I began, the intention was to fill the entire star space with big flowers such as you see on the points, somehow I lost that plan along the way. If I had a do-over I think I would stick to the original plan. I'm trying to hold true to working freehand as suggested by Rick and Maria; at the same time, I know this piece in particular would have benefited from the use of a ruler. I was working in my sketchbook and did use a stencil to create the initial string. I think I want to add color to this one, so I took this black and white photo so I can later compare the before and after. As always, I welcome your critique:

UPDATE

Here is the same piece with a touch of color. I used Prismacolor pencils.

1 comment: