Friday, January 13, 2012

Back to the dentist

Sunday afternoon, while enjoying a sweet, sticky and tasty treat that I had no business eating in the first place, an old crown came off of a tooth. My dentist was able to see me Tuesday afternoon and I left sporting a temporary crown that was supposed to sustain me the two weeks until a permanent crown could be constructed. Lat night the temporary crown popped off. This time I was being good. Having just finished a modest meal of lima beans, I was enjoying a small handful of dark chocolate covered raisins. I am befuddled to understand how a lowly raisin loosened a crown, so I surmise that the problem is the result of substandard dental cement that was intended to hold the prostheses in place. I am tempted to launch into a diatribe about the deterioration of society evidenced by inferior products and services--no worries, I've decided to refrain. Instead I will cling to optimism.

No comments:

Post a Comment