Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Weekly Challenge #18 - EGGZZZZellent

Last week I was traveling and missed the challenge so I was anxious to do this one. I've wanted to do an egg-y Zentangle for a couple of weeks, but held off hoping that Laura a.k.a "I am the Diva" would issue an egg related challenge. This one was a lot of fun for me.

This is my first attempt...the idea was to show the egg in a basket. Remember the Easter egg hunts of your childhood and that feeling when you found your first egg? That is the memory I tried to capture in this ZIA I call "The hunt is on."


I continued to play a bit more and ended up with the next two pieces. Drawing both took me back to memories of Easter Sunday and my grandmother's house. She would already have a big bowl of decorated eggs waiting when we arrived. She was more excited than we were to hide the eggs.



When she issued the challenge, Laura reminded us of the Pysanky tradition (The Ukrainian art of decorating eggs). I'm working on another Zentangle and will put more effort into the egg design than I did on this first piece. I went to the library where I found a few great books with lovely photos of the eggs and patterns for inspiration. Here are a few of them...ENJOY!

8 comments:

  1. M-egg-nificent! (I'm having so much fun using that pun with this challenge, lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. EGGcellent response to the challenge, kiddo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry no puns just a quick line to say you cracked it this week LOL XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. :) And I look forward to seeing your next one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The weaving in your 1st basket is rustic and involved, so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your kind comments about my primitive drawings. :-)

    ReplyDelete