Monday, May 30, 2011

String Theory: Version II

This is my response to Weekly Challenge #24. It has been too long since I have participated in the challenge. I've checked in each week, and even sketched out a few tangles, but this one is the first one I have posted in a while. It is nice to have a leisurely day off to tangle.

The challenge is to only use stripes as the string. Now that I am writing about this, I'm wondering if I have accurately followed the directions. In the example, Laura's string is diagonal stripes. I have used horizontal stripes. Hmmmmm, it will be interesting to see if others diverge from the example.

You'll see I've left a good deal of white space. I'm wondering if you think it makes the piece look incomplete. I tend to fill every nook and cranny of the tile and thought I would leave some air in this one. We'll see if I am actually able to leave it alone or if I end up adding more patterns. Oh well, it is what it is!


7:00 PM Here is my second ZIA for this challenge. This time I decided to fill more of the space.


Speaking of stripes....look at the second optical illusion on this page. I would love to see someone replicate the effect in a Zentangle tile.

7 comments:

  1. I don't think white space is bad, it forms another shape and accents your tangles. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both look great to me!! I am more of the..."Rules? what rules???" school!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way you think Jay! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like both, but I do think the second one feels more complete.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a 'fill in all the space' girl. I know white space has its place but I like the second one best.

    ReplyDelete