Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I love my job!

It's true, I really do love my job. I work with great people and do rewarding work--I also get opportunities for once-in-a-lifetime experiences. For example, Monday night I had the honor of being a guest at the annual Mathematics Olympiad Awards Ceremony, Dinner and Reception. It was held on the 8th floor of the State Department--an area that members of the general pubic rarely get to see. The rooms were gorgeous. While the building itself was constructed in the 1960's--the decor of that floor is in the fashion of the mid to late 1700's. The paintings and antique furnishings are stunning.

The most memorable thing for me was the chance to see the Treaty of Paris--I mean the actual document, signed in 1783 by John Adams, Benjamin Franklin, and John Jay. The treaty that ended the American Revolutionary War. Can you imagine?

Here are a few photos from the event:

Here we are enjoying the reception out on the terrace.

Look at this amazing view. That is the Lincoln Memorial and the Potomac River in the background.


Here is a glimpse of the dining room.

No comments:

Post a Comment