Friday, September 11, 2009

What the...?

Has it really been almost a month since my last post? WTF? Where did the time go? It is fall already--the temperature didn't get out of the sixties today. I look around and see that the leaves are taking on vibrant hues of gold and red.

Speaking of the passage of time...President Obama gave an important speech on health care reform to a rare joint-session of congress last night. About 100 years ago Pres. T. Roosevelt was the first to propose health care reform. Not only were his efforts unsuccessful, subsequent Presidents efforts haven't fared any better. Everyone acknowledges there is a problem and that failure to do anything about it makes matters worse--yet here we are at another partisan impasse. Yet, they all continue to fiddle while we watch our great republic burn. What will it take to motivate our elected officials to set aside thier petty bickering and pass the legislation? President Obama said the two sides agree on about 80% of the issues--so put together a bill that addresses the 80% so we can get things moving then you can focus on a compromise to solve the remaining 20%. Can't we all get along? What the...?

No comments:

Post a Comment