Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Feeling the Urge



I saw the newly released movie "Julie and Julia" tonight and left the theatre with the strong urge to cook something. I have a new appreciation both Julia Child and the art of cooking French cuisine. It is late and I need sleep so I will be back tomorrow to add more. Until then bon appetit!

It is now Thursday and I am finally getting back to finish this entry from Thursday. (Don't laugh, you know how easily distracted I am.)

The urge to cook something was still strong Wednesday so I put together an AMAZING casserole using a Southern Living recipe sent to me by my dear friend Marc. Sure, it is quite far from the high-end French cuisine Ms. Julia is known for, but this was the perfect recipe for me. OMG! the flavors were fabulous. If you want to want to give it a try look for the Bean and Cornbread Casserole in the July 2009 issue of Southern Living. When the recipe is posted on the magazine website I'll come back and give you the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment