Monday, July 20, 2009

Life in New Orleans



I've been in New Orleans since Saturday afternoon. I've posted updates on my Facebook page, but this is the first opportunity that I have had to blog. Let me bring you up-to-date:


Saturday July 18
I had dinner at Broussard's with my dear friend Danny. I'm so happy to be back in New Orleans. What a treat to be back in Louisiana for a little while on a work-related trip. Life is good!
Sunday July 19
It was a lovely NOLA morning with bright sunshine, lower than normal humidity, and a slight breeze that kept the air circulating. By noon I was able to complete all of the work that I needed to finish before the meeting began at 5 pm, so I had a few hours to myself to get reacquainted with the Vieux Carre'.

The meeting got off to a great start then when walked down Bourbon street to Pat O' Brien's for dinner. Yeah, I know, Pat O's is very touristy--but most of the folks in my group have never been to New Orleans before and I want to make sure that they experience some of the highlights. They were awed by the flaming fountains and of course ordered hurricanes. The atmosphere was great--the cuisine was so-so--we'll have to make sure they get a taste of authentic Nawlins' food before the week is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment